The Science Communication Project in Japan
By Mr. Shingo Hamada
SciCom Japan NPO http://scicom.jp
Science and Technology Foresight Centre/NISTEP
I. The necessity of STS based research on Science Communication.
1. A brief History of Japanese Science and Technology Journalism and its limit
2. Emerging arguments – Regulatory, Risk Communication, Technology Assessment, PUST and PUR, Governance of S&T, Career Path of Researchers
3. The broad range spectrum of STS based research on Science Communication
4. How should be established the Science Communication Program ?
5. In corporation with Asian Countries – The culture of Science Communication in Europe-America-Asia
II. Researchers Training in Science Communication.
6. Science Communication/Writing as a researchers career. – New facet of Methodology from HPST.
7. Professional Writing/Communication and Popular Writing/Communication.
8. The indication metrics on PUST is not omni-potent !
9. Toward the quest of sharing the creativity.
10. Science Communication Incubation Centre.
III. Science and Media – New communication tools for sharing creativity.
11. A creative interaction between Science, Technology and Arts.
12. Some experimental trials in Japan and Asia.
13. Excellent examples in the world.
14. Training as communication skill for researchers and Interaction with S&T Museum
15. How can we establish the research and practice activity ?
IV. Laboratory studies on Technology Shaping
16. Science Communication as Laboratory Management.
17. Technology Communication on outcome as Technology Shaping.
18. How the researchers come out a Venture actor ?
19. Looking around for the Techno-Producer in Asia – The discourse of national innovation and mobility of researchers in Asian area.
20. The end goal of techno-economy incubation for sponsors.
V. Ready for Town meeting !
21. Catering of Science Communication as a training in the public.
22. Useful and available public places – Labo, Institutions, University, School, Museum, Theatre, Café.
23. The testimonies of Café Science in Europe.
24. Town meeting of International Conference and Exposition – The role of Interpreter.
25. Now ready to get into Town !
The Abbreviations :
STS – Science, Technology and Society. HPST – History and Philosophy of Science and Technology.
PUST – Public Understanding of Science. PUR – Public Understanding of Research